Last week was terrible. I spent it all up in LA and took a pretty big step back.
Monday: Late drive up to LA, and I couldn't get motivated to go out and run.
Tuesday: Long day and night. Had to grab some drinks after work with Linda and then I went back to the office to help some groups working on some case studies and didn't get in until 10:00pm.
Wednesday: On the road at 5:00am then got stuck in 3 hours of traffic and then had to go work with the same groups until 10:00pm.
Thursday: Another long day. Didn't get home until 11:00am
Friday: Was in San Diego. I got home around 6:00pm and just collapsed.
So after a great week before, I followed it up with no workouts. Not good at all. Worked out on Saturday. More on weight loss than trail or beach running. I have this nice app on the Iphone that provides different types of work outs. Below outlines the work out:
10 minutes worth cardio: Decided to run at a 8:20 pace. Felt pretty good.
1 set for 8 different exercises: Fast pace workout on my legs, stomach, shoulders and chest.
Then you repeat this 3 times. Keeps the heart rate up for the entire work out.
This week, I'm not traveling and should be able to get back on track. Will do some hills tonight.
My weight is somewhat of a concern though. Need to lose about 25 pounds and progress is slow. My eating habits are terrible. I have a lot of excuses, but I need to be more committed to dropping this weight. For example, after a great week of running and working out I didn't lose a single pound. That is what I'm going to get focused on this week. Lunch is no longer an issue since there is a great little Terriayki place next to my office that has a great chicken bowl. Its just dinner and all the beer I drink during the week that kills me. Must get focused.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment