Ran Glover Archibald again. Got up a little early and was primed and ready to go around 8am. Wasn't very hungry, so I had a chocolate chip Clif bar and some watered down Powerbar water (basically the Powerbar version of powdered Gatorade-I got it because it was on sale). I decided to take 50 ounces of water with me--I know that it's way too much, but I want to train with a fairly full pack just to get used to it. Used 2 3/4 scoops and it was just about perfect. I like my Gatorade very watered down--just enough flavor to get you to drink it, but not enough to make it syrupy. Not sure why this was different from the last time that I made the mix, but this was a good batch.
I haven't run since whenever my last post was. I was in Birmingham last weekend for RRD's bachelor party, so no workouts for me there (other than playing 2 rounds of golf in insane heat and humidity). Since this was my first workout in about a week, I wasn't expecting much. To my surprise, I had a pretty good run. Had good energy and felt fairly strong througout the run. I walked a little bit more than I would have liked (I walk the places where the trail crosses a street), but still finshed the run in 55 minutes. I think that the biggest factor is that the temp was about 70 degrees when I started my run and might have been 74 when I finished. The time I went out and had a terrible run, I think that it was just too hot for my current fitness level.
Hmmm, I hope that it's not going to be too hot in SF for this run if I react this poorly to temperature changes....
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment