Tuesday, September 8, 2009

8-Sept Update

Running: ran a couple of times and am feeling ok. I've been running the exorcist steps in Georgetown a lot more recently, so I'm getting in a much harder workout--but, my legs now feel like shit. Needed to give them a couple of days off, so I took off Monday and Tuesday and feel much better. I'm planning on a long run tomorrow (7-8 miles) and will see how I feel. I think that I really need to stretch after the run--after my typical 1-1.5 hour run, I usually jump in the car for a 30-40 min drive home. And I wonder why my legs feel like shit. We'll see if I can't fix that tomorrow.

General Trip info: I spent some time mapping everything out over the long weekend. I have days 2-4 mapped out and I'm pretty confident of the route. I need to do a final review and highlight everything, but I'm pretty much there. I also ordered the day 1 map, so I think that I'll have everything done in the next couple of days. The interesting part is that I bought a compass, just in case. I think that we'll have some sort of interesting story of us crouching on the ground trying to figure out where the hell we are with the compass, the map, and a setting sun...

Need to confirm hotels and find some places for dinner, but I think that we're good!

Also, found out that it's Fleet Week out there the same time that we're out there. That's going to suck--the city is going to be packed! Might also be cool, I've never seen a Fleet Week in person and I hear that they're pretty cool. Blue Angels are putting on a show every day from 3-4, so that could be cool as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment