Thursday, August 6, 2009

6 August Update(s)

Ran GA today with Mike. That kid can run and he kicked my ass. Good news is that by trying to keep up with him (at least on the way out) I really picked up the pace. Time for the entire run was 50:22 (his time was 46min+). Previous best time was 52 min. At the end of the run, I was pretty sure that I was going to pass out. Good news is that Mike has a GPS watch, so he measured the run at exactly 4.5 miles. At least now I know the distance.

Ran Rock Creek Park on Saturday (8/1) with Mike as well. Ran about a 5.5 mile loop around RCP including some hills around the park in Mt. Pleasant and Blagden Ave. The hill at Blagden rises 157 feet in .9 miles. Not sure what that grade actually works out to be, but it's like a long slow death. Ended up doing the loop in 1:04, certainly not fast by any stretch, but it was good to do the distance and the hills.

Ran Hain's Point on Monday night for about 5 miles. Can't remember my time, but I remember how fucking boring it was. I hate that loop. Completely flat, but there is a breeze since the whole thing is on the water. Almost got run over by a bus too. Motherfucker is lucky that I was about to pass out....

Gonna try to stretch out the GA run to be 6 or so miles next week. There's at least one other trail that I can add to it to add some distance. We'll see how it goes.

How's your running coming, fat boy?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment