Ran Glover Archibald again today. Ran around 4:45pm and the car said that it was 90 degrees when I got out.
A couple of new things for today's run. I picked up a Honey Stinger Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond protein bar from REI--that's the last time I make that mistake. I ate it around 4:00pm and ran around 4:45--plenty of time for it to digest, but it sat in my gut like a fucking brick.
Also, ran with my new Nathan hydration pack. That was different. I like the pack, it fit well and felt really secure. However, I filled it with 50 ounces of water and mixed in some PowerBar powdered drink mix. The container says to put six scoops into 50 ounces, so I put three. Ugh, still too syrupy.
Between the heat, the brick in my gut, and the syrupy PowerBar drink, this was one of my worst runs in the past month. Finished in about 59 minutes--5 full minutes slower than Wednesday. I would assume that the heat had a lot to do with that, but all of the mistakes that I made with food and hydration certainly didn't help.
I'm also thinking that my shoes are a little big. At least the toebox is too wide. The front of my foot was slipping around in the front of the shoe while the rest of my foot was held in place securely. Not sure if I have the wrong size of if they're just too wide in the toebox for me. Considering going back to the Salomon's that I had previously, but I feel like those things are too heavy.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment